24 March 2012

Vintage memories...

     When I was 15, I used to dream of being a teenager in the 1970s or studying at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy (well, this last one may have been a little earlier, like 13, but whatever). Of course this renunciation of my life was due to the great mass of Queen and Pink Floyd vinyls I was listening to all day long, getting on my sister's nerves. This and the Harry Potter-mania were making my ordinary life seem such boring... Then, years later, I discovered the 1950s and a more feminine side of me woke up, thirsty for midi-length full skirts matched with tight tops. The '50s are also responsible for my love for vintage things, lace and chiffon.
    Thank God, I no more dream of living back then, as I have found Mika and Prada! Ok, this last one may have been heard a little excessive: Prada is not the only '50s one that I found this season, it's also Louis Vuitton, Dolce Gabbana and many others, but it was a way to introduce you the 1950s' aesthetic video campaign of Prada (another 1950s-based campaign was the one of Louis Vuitton posted yesterday).
We've seen together the campaign in pictures, so now let's enjoy it in motion, too.







     A great hit, the first Harry Potter memory, a sound that seems to me vintage, a vintage (1952) Vogue cover and the vintage Prada campaign... 

No comments:

Post a Comment