27 March 2012

Classic Style Faves...

    Today I thought of introducing you the movie heroes/heroines, where I love to look back every now and then for style inspiration. All of them represent different styles I am fond of, but in the same time they all are elegant and chic. As for the men, they also constitute icons and represent the men's style I mostly admire. I must to admit though that if the same outfits were worn by other movie stars, it wouldn't be the same. It is no coincidence that I admire most of them as actors too and these movies (well, not all of them) are some of my favourites. So, here they are and I hope that some of you agree with me, at least with some of them...

Diane Keaton in Annie Hall
(I prefer though Manhattan)  

Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca 

Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby

Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby
(I could post all the outfits she wore in this movie...)

Tom Waits in Down by Law

Monica Bellucci in Malena

Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's

Johnny Depp in Dead Man

Tippi Hedren in The Birds

And this is my favourite Barbie as Tippi Hedren in The Birds
(In case you don't know what to get me for my birthday;) )

3 comments:

  1. La di da, ma petite!
    I love all the ladies (and the gentlemen as well) on this post, and I ADORE their outfits!
    One of my favorites, though, is Julia Roberts' as Pretty Woman, after her transformation of course!
    I mean look at her in the Rodeo Drive shopping scene!

    http://youtu.be/tTtVVHg41kU

    Isn't she gorgeous?
    bisous, bisous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! She is terrific!
      I admit I haven't watched the movie for several years (ok, a decade), so I didn't remember her style at all. In the age of thirteen I was thinking of it as a bit old-fashioned (yes, I was no exception of those teens having such fashion icons as Christina Aguilera)...
      It's time to watch it again...

      Delete
  2. What a great post! I LOVE old inspirations like those. The girls are all so perfect. <3
    Thanks dear. Yes it's me on the picture. :>

    Well, I'm your follower now. Last time was a mistake. :S
    If you like my blog still, please follow. <3


    Wish you a sunny week! :)
    XX

    ReplyDelete